The 30-year-old Ethiopian shop owner was gunned down during a robbery in iLitha Park this morning.
CAPE TOWN – An Ethiopian shopkeeper has been shot dead in Khayelitsha.
The 30-year-old was gunned down during a robbery in iLitha Park this morning.
The police’s Frederick van Wyk said the circumstances surrounding the shooting are under investigation.
It’s not yet clear whether the murder is linked to this week’s looting and violence in Gauteng.
Three people have been killed in the violent unrest that initially started in Soweto but then fanned out to other areas in Gauteng.
The unrest began on Monday night after a 14-year-old boy accused of trying to rob a shop in Doornkop was shot, allegedly by a foreign business owner.
Source: Eyewitness News
- Africans Seeking Better Lives Pass through Ethiopian Town
- hiopian Airlines Looks to Extend Network to South India
- South Africa’s Standard Bank Aims to Open a Representative Office in Ethiopia
- Two Ethiopians Gunned Down in Durban, South Africa
- Kenya Detectives Arrest 11 Ethiopians Enroute to South Africa