ATW’s 41st Annual Airline Industry Achievement Awards will be held on February 25, 2015 at Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington DC.
The ATW airline industry achievement awards program was established in 1974 to recognize excellence in the air transport industry. These awards are seen across the industry as the most coveted honor an airline or individual can receive as they are bestowed upon individuals and organizations that have distinguished themselves through outstanding performance, innovation, and superior service.
The winners are selected by the magazine’s editorial staff after a detailed examination of all nominations and qualifying candidates. Airlines, companies, and industry organizations and individuals worldwide can self-nominate or nominate an organization they believe merits an award for any of the categories listed.
The 2015 ATW Winners Are:
- Airline of the Year: Southwest Airlines
- Airline Market Leader of the Year: Air Astana
- Regional Airline of the Year: Ethiopian Airlines
- Value Airline of the Year: Spirit Airlines
- Eco-Airline of the Year: Lufthansa
- Eco-Company of the Year: The Boeing Company
- Airport of the Year: London Heathrow Terminal 2 and Star Alliance
- Aviation Technology Achievement: L-3 Link Simulation
- ATW Leadership Award: John S. Pistole, Retired TSA Administrator
- Ethiopian Airlines Doubles the Love in Mumbai
- Ethiopian Airlines Eyes June Launch for Philippines Route
- Ethiopian Airlines to Become the No.1 in Africa in 2015
- Ethiopian Airlines to Order 20 Wide-body Aircraft
- Ethiopian Builds Maintenance Hangar with USD 7M