- The Princess spent three days in Ethiopia on an official United Nations humanitarian visit last week
- Danish Royal visited a refugee camp and spoke with locals in the Afar region – one of the hottest places on earth
- Mother of four listened intently as locals shared their experiences of child marriage and female genital mutilation
- The Princess also visited 91-year-old Australian doctor Catherine Hamlin at her hospital
Crown Princess Mary was left ‘shaken up’ after talking about the harsh reality of child marriage and female genital mutilation during an emotional visit to Ethiopia.
During the official three-day humanitarian visit last week, the Danish Royal visited a refugee camp in Gambella and spoke with locals in the Afar region – one of the hottest places on earth.
The mother of four was met by a group of ethnic Afar men performing a welcome dance when she arrived in the region in her United Nations four wheel drive.
- Princess Mary of Denmark Makes Humanitarian Visit to Ethiopia
- Crown Princess Mary of Denmark Set to Visit Ethiopia