By Susan Ellis |
Ermyias Shiberou, owner of Stickem food truck, is planning on opening a Ethiopian restaurant on Madison near the Bar B-Q Shop in the former site of a Pizza Hut. The restaurant will be called the Blue Nile. Shiberou hopes to have it open by spring.
Shiberou says that he originally hoped to open an Ethiopian restaurant before he began Stickem. The reason that he’s pursuing it now is that the property became available.
“I felt like I’ve to do this now,” he says. “It just makes sense to me — the timing, the location.”
Shiberou says he doesn’t have menu set yet, but plans to serve traditional vegetarian dishes and Kitfo, which he describes as a beef tartare seasoned in clarified butter and Ethiopian spices and served with a homemade cottage cheese.
He also plans to roast coffee in-house, and hold Ethiopian coffee ceremonies once a week.
Source: Memphis Flyer
- New Ethiopian Restaurant, Blue Nile, to Open in Memphis, TN
- Ethiopian Cuisine “Pops up” in Downtown Bethel, Connecticut
- Ethiopian Restaurant Awazé Opening this Weekend in Cary, NC
- Hidden Gems: Das Ethiopian Restaurant
- Dining Review: Tasty Vegan Options Abound at Uchenna Ethiopian Restaurant
- Addis Ababa’s Top 10 Restaurants | Ethiopia’s Culinary Gems