Zelalem Gemmeda owns Abyssinia Ethiopian Cuisine at the West Side Bazaar (Buffalo, NY) one of WEDI’s initiatives.
By David Bertola (Buffalo Business First) |
Buffalo restaurant operator Zelalem Gemmeda is the first recipient of a newly-created Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Sponsored by Rich Products Corp. and Westminster Economic Development Initiative Inc., the award will be presented to Zelalem Gemmeda at WEDI’s annual Winterfest fundraiser on Feb. 6, at the newly renovated Foundry Hotel and Banquet at 1738 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, NY.
Zelalem Gemmeda owns Abyssinia Ethiopian Cuisine at the West Side Bazaar, one of WEDI’s initiatives. She was a refugee who fled to the U.S. in 2006. Through working with WEDI, she and her family started a business.
“As we continue to grow globally, we remain committed to partnering with local organizations like WEDI that help to ready the next generation of leaders in Western New York,” said Howard Rich, vice president of corporate relations, Rich Products Corp. For the Feb. 6 event, ticket prices range from $45 to $65.
Source: Buffalo Business First
- Bu’na: Ethiopian Coffee and Espresso Bar Opening in Toronto
- Eritrean and Ethiopian Cafe Opens in Southern Tulsa, Oklahoma
- A Very CP Thanksgiving: Ye’abesha Gomen (Ethiopian Collard Greens)
- Dine Like Royalty on Ethiopian Cuisine at Queen of Sheeba in West Palm Beach, FL
- The Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony—an Ancient Practice Alive at Kezira Café of Columbia City