By Kate Holt |
Early marriage and pregnancy are challenges faced by many teenage girls in Ethiopia. UNICEF’s Girls’ Empowerment photo project aims to document the hopes, dreams and aspirations of young women throughout Ethiopia.
All photographs by Kate Holt for UNICEF.
Source: The Guardian
- National Girl Summit to Reiterate Ethiopia’s Commitment to End Female Genital Mutilation and Child Marriage
- How an Ethiopian Priest Changed His Views on Child Marriage
- Media Get-together with UNICEF National Ambassadors: Abelone Melesse and Hannah Godefa
- Obama’s Call to End Female Genital Mutilation Yet to Reach Ethiopia’s Villages
- Ethiopia: A Tale of a Desperate Midwife
- Yegna: the Sound of All of Us
- Princess Mary of Denmark Left ‘Shaken up’ after Emotional Visit to Ethiopia