Rustenburg, N.W. Province (African News Agency) – A 35-year-old Ethiopian national was shot dead by four unknown men at Boikhutso, near Lichtenburg, North West Province police said on Friday.
Major Pelonomi Makau said the man was shot at his shop on Thursday. “The victim was inside his tuck-shop when suspects wearing balaclavas allegedly entered and pointed [a firearm at] him. They allegedly shot the victim in his chest and they fled the scene. According to the information available at this stage the victim was with his shop assistant when the incident occurred,” she said. As it was reported, nothing was taken from the shop and the men were still at large.
Source: IOL News
- Kenya Detectives Arrest 11 Ethiopians Enroute to South Africa
- Two Ethiopians Gunned Down in Durban, South Africa
- Ethiopian Shop Owner Shot and Killed in Khayelitsha, South Africa
- Africans Seeking Better Lives Pass through Ethiopian Town
- Why Ethiopian Migrants Brave Illegal Crossings Again – and Again
- Somalia: Puntland Police Detain 82 Ethiopian Immigrants
- MKs: Stop Treating All Ethiopian-Israelis Like New Immigrants
- From Seattle to Saudi Arabia, Dangerous Myths Lure Ethiopian Migrants
- Young African Migrants Caught in Trafficking Machine
- The plight of Ethiopian migrants in Somalia
- Young Eritrean Refugees in Ethiopia Paint Grim Realities