(IAAF) – World 1500m record-holder Genzebe Dibaba is the latest athlete to sign up for the Weltklasse meeting. The Ethiopian star will contest the 3000m at the IAAF Diamond League final in Zurich on 3 September.
It will be Dibaba’s first IAAF Diamond League appearance since breaking the 1500m world record in Monaco. Victory in Zurich will secure the Diamond Race trophy for Dibaba.
She will face a strong field which includes 5000m world leader Almaz Ayana, 2011 double world champion Vivian Cheruiyot, 2011 world 1500m champion Jenny Simpson and world 5000m silver medallist Mercy Cherono.
The women’s pole vault field is equally as strong. The line-up comprises world leader and world indoor champion Yarisley Silva, Olympic champion Jenn Suhr, 2011 world champion Fabiana Murer and German record-holder Silke Spiegelburg.
Switzerland’s top vaulters – led by national record-holder Nicole Buchler and European junior champion Angelica Moser – will also compete.
The two women who have dominated the 400m hurdles in recent years will clash in Zurich. World champion Zuzana Hejnova and 2014 Diamond Race winner Kaliese Spencer will line up against the likes of European champion Eilidh Child, USA’s Cassandra Tate and Danish record-holder Sara Slott Petersen.
- Genzebe Dibaba Allowed to Double in 1500m and 5000m at IAAF World Championships
- Genzebe Dibaba, Mohammed Aman and Yomif Kejelcha Among Ethiopia’s Medal Hopes for Beijing
- Ethiopian Runner Genzebe Dibaba Breaks 1,500-meter World Record
- Genzebe Dibaba Sets African 1500m Record of 3:54.11 in Barcelona
- February is for Genzebe Dibaba of Ethiopia (XL Galan 2015)