Merhaba is straightforward Eritrean restaurant serving tsebhi (tibs) & injera in a modest, contemporary space ins St. Louis (University City), Missouri.
6665 Olive Blvd.
University City, MO 63130
A fine introduction to Ethiopian cuisine, and a satisfying meal all around. You eat with your hands (or, if you’re Ethiopian, just the right hand) from a communal plate with flat, spongy injera bread as a utensil. Key wat (beef stew) and yebeg wat (lamb stew) feature berbere sauce, a tantalizing blend of spices, sometimes hot, sometimes sharp, always delicious. Zilzil tibs (strips of seared beef, peppers and onion served on a sizzling platter, like fajitas) are a surefire crowd-pleaser. Almost every dish costs less than $10, and the menu features several combination platters for those who want to try a little bit of several different things or aren’t sure where to begin with one of the world’s oldest, most elegant cuisines.
Features: Smoking, Takeout, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Lot Available, Reservations Accepted
Payment Type: All Major Credit Cards, Diners Club, cash, ATM/Debit
Parking: Lot Available
- Teff Ethiopian and Eritrean Restaurant Opens in Stamford
- A Visit to Blue Nile Ethiopian Kitchen
- Dining Review: A Taste of Ethiopia at Colorful, Exotic Awazé
- Dining Review: Tasty Vegan Options Abound at Uchenna Ethiopian Restaurant
- Ethiopian Restaurant Abyssinian Kitchen Opening in Former Sok Sab Bai Space in Southeast Portland