Denver, CO (CBS4) – There was a celebration in Denver of a culture more than 8,000 miles away on Sunday — it was the annual Taste of Ethiopia event.
Denver is popular destination for Ethiopian immigrants because of the climate similarities.
“The altitude of our capital is 9,000 feet and it’s very dry weather, so I’d say that the weather is attractive, and we also have a lot of mountains in Ethiopia, so that’s attractive,” said Dr. Amen Sergew, a pulmonologist from Ethiopia. “But I’d say the people of Colorado are very friendly and that’s always enticing.”
PHOTO GALLERY: Taste of Ethiopia
Dozens of immigrants also took the Oath of Allegiance to become American citizens on Sunday.
Source: CBS Denver
- Taste of Ethiopia in Denver Features Food, Music and Culture
- Taste of Ethiopia in Food, Art & Entertainment
- A Taste of Ethiopia Is Just Minutes Away in Greensboro
- Review: El Cerrito’s Taste of Ethiopia Definitely Worth a Visit
- Taste of Addis Food Festival: A Tradition in the Making
- Collected Moments of ESFNA 2015
- ESFNA 2015: Sentayehu Tilahun with the Crowd – “Hibongo”
- ESFNA 2015 (Ethiopians’ Sport Festival in North America): Participant Soccer Teams
- Meet Chef Chane, Ethiopia’s Version of the Infamous ‘Soup Nazi’