Head of the Coptic Orthodox Church, Pope Tawadros II, will visit Ethiopia for a Christian festival
The head of the Coptic Orthodox Church, Pope Tawadros II, will visit Ethiopia on 27 September on the occasion of the Feast of the Holy Cross, Al-Ahram Arabic news website reported on Monday.
The pope will meet with Patriarch Mathias I of the Ethiopian Tewahedo Church there, and will visit the most important cathedrals and monasteries in Ethiopia, including the Holy Trinity Cathedral and Sebeta Getesemani Nunnery. He will also inaugurate the Coptic Canadian Hospital.
The cleric is currently visiting Denmark and Sweden.
The two churches, which are in full communion with each other, have played a role in negotiations between Ethiopia and Egypt regarding the former’s Grand Renaissance Dam, which is currently under construction.
Patriarch Mathais I visited Egypt earlier this year.
Source: Ahram Online
- Hundreds of Worshipers from Ethiopia and Eritrea Celebrate Their Faith at Huddersfield Parish Church
- Patriarch Abune Mathias of Ethiopia Meets Catholicos Aram I of the Holy See of Cilicia
- Ethiopian Catholic Church Asks the African Union to Invite Pope Francis
- How an Ethiopian Priest Changed His Views on Child Marriage
- A New Diocese for Ethiopia and a New Metropolitan for Eritrea