All proceeds in aid of Hamlin Fistula Hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
By Patsy McGarry |
The hospital, which was visited by the President and his wife last November, treats women for a potentially fatal obstetric condition which affects women who are pregnant for the first time.
During a protracted labor, a woman can develop a deep tear (fistula), which leaves her doubly incontinent for life. The condition can be repaired by surgery that is not available in most underdeveloped countries.At Hamlin they are planning to eliminate the condition by 2020.
Source: The Irish Times
- Interview with Addishiwot Asfawosen, Curator of Roots Ethiopian Photo Exhibition 2015 Tour
- The ‘Roots’ Exhibition: Bringing New Ethiopian Views to Bath
- Roots Ethiopia to Host Lauren Werner Photography Exhibition
- African Business Aviation Forum to Be Held in Addis Ababa
- To This Ethiopian American Singer, ‘Home Is Always in Flux’
- Hunters Return to Malta from Mission in Ethiopia