Louisville, KY (WAVE) – Saturday a party was thrown for Mosell Wakero, a teenager who traveled thousands of miles from Ethiopia to have life-altering surgery in Louisville. It was both a celebration, and a going away get together.
Mosell, a 15-year-old who previously suffered from a severe type of scoliosis, will soon be returning home after having successful surgery that straightened his spine last month.
The party was held at the home of Dr. Rolando Puno, a spine surgeon at Norton Leatherman Spine Center, who arranged for Mosell to come to the United States after hearing of his condition. Mosell had surgery, which was free, at Kosair Children’s Hospital in early August.
Source: WAVE 3 News
- Finding Lake Michigan in Ethiopia
- The Beauty of Coming Home for an Ethiopian Refugee
- Emotional Reunion of UK Football Player Landon Foster and His Ethiopian Friend
- An Ethiopian Built His Own Plane from Scratch, Using Second-hand Parts and YouTube Tutorials
- Chef Kubee Kassaye: From a Small Village in Ethiopia to Becoming an Award Winning Chef in New York
- Ethiopian Man Pleads Not Guilty to Allegedly Striking Wife, Daughter on Their Heads with a Hammer