Kenyan and Ethiopian runners swept the men’s and women’s top three positions at the Hefei Marathon.
Hefei, China―Kenyan and Ethiopian runners swept the men’s and women’s top three positions at the Hefei Marathon, in which nearly 5,000 athletes from 16 countries and regions participated here on Sunday.
In the men’s race, Kenyan Marius Kipserem won in two hours, nine minutes and 23 seconds. William Kiprono Yegon from Kenya and Mekuant Ayenew Gebre from Ethiopia finished second and third in 2:10:13 hours and 2:11:02 hours respectively, reports Xinhua.
Ethiopian runners swept the top three in the women’s race. Melesech Tsegaye Beyene finished first in 2:33:21 hours, followed by Shasho Insermu Mijana who timed 2:34:53 hours and Ayele Tsgereda Girma in 2:36:44 hours.
Source: Zee News
- Ethiopian and Kenyan Athletes Conquered the 32nd Marathon Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Olympic Champion Ethiopian Tiki Gelana Will Return to the Amsterdam Marathon
- Meseret Mengistu to Lead Strong Ethiopian Women’s Quartet in Frankfurt Marathon
- Shure Demise (Ethiopia) and Ishimael Chemtan (Kenya) Win the Toronto Waterfront Marathon
- Tsegaye Kebede (ETH) and Martin Mathathi (KEN) the Favorites for the Gifu Seiryu Half Marathon
- Julius Chepkwony (Kenya) and Ehite Bizuayehu (Ethiopia) Win 30th Edition of the Venice Marathon
- Ethiopia’s Berhane Dibaba and Yebrqual Melese Added to 2015 Chicago Marathon Women’s Race