U.S. Department of State
Office of the Spokesperson
Special Advisor for Children’s Issues, Ambassador Susan Jacobs, will visit Uganda and Ethiopia from October 26-31.
Special Advisor Susan Jacobs will travel to Uganda to deliver remarks at the National Forum on the State of the Ugandan Child. She will also meet with government officials, non-governmental organizations, and other experts to encourage strengthening child protection systems. She will discuss intercountry adoption as an option for children living outside of family care.
Special Advisor Susan Jacobs will then visit Ethiopia to meet with government officials and discuss ways to cooperate and improve the intercountry adoption process. She will also visit with non-governmental organizations in promoting solutions for children needing permanent families.
For more information about children’s issues, please visit: ChildrensIssues.state.gov
Source: U.S. Department of State
- Ethio-American Julie Mehretu Awarded 2015 Medal of Arts by US State Department
- Ethiopian-made Shoes Launch at Paris Department Store, Demonstrating Potential of Made in Africa
- Asian Investors, Regional Allies and European Admirers: Why the World Overlooks Ethiopia’s Rigged Elections
- U.S. Government Inaugurates New Outpatient Department and Delivery Facility at Hiwot Fana Specialized University Hospital
- Partnership between University of Southern California and Addis Ababa University for Air Pollution and Health Study in Eastern Africa