Gainesville , VA (WUSA9)―A male pedestrian is dead after he was hit by a vehicle in Gainesville, Va. Thursday morning, Prince William County police said.
At around 6:28 a.m., police say Girma Genemo was crossing Linton Hall Road near Limestone Drive when he was hit by the driver of a 2009 Cadillac CTS traveling northbound on Linton Hall. Genemo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Cadillac, identified by police as a 39-year-old man from Manassas, was not injured and stayed at the scene. Alcohol, drugs and drugs do not appear to be factors in the crash.
No charges are pending against the driver, police say.
The area of Linton Hall Road near the crash was closed while police investigated the accident.
- Ethiopian Trader Killed in Juba, South Sudan
- Native Ethiopian Woman Waiting for Bus Hit, Killed by Car
- Six Ethiopians Killed in South Africa, in Xenophobic Attacks
- Hajj Stampede Is the Deadliest Tragedy in History (31 Ethiopians Died)
- A Suspect Arrested in Connection with a Hit-and-run that Killed Emebet Kebede
- Ethiopian-Israeli Rapper Featured in Documentary Killed by Car Bomb in Rehovot
- Two Convicted Ethiopian War Criminals Have Been Sheltering in an Italian Embassy for 24 Years