Thousands of people have participated in Istanbul Marathon – Turkey’s biggest marathon
Istanbul―The 37th Vodafone Istanbul Marathon has ended with Kenyan Elias Kemboi Chelimo and Ethiopian Amena Gobena runners winning the race.
Chelimo crossed the finish line to win the men’s race, while Gobena won the marathon for women.
The Istanbul Marathon, the theme of which was “End Violence Against Women” this year, started at 9 a.m., local time [0700GMT] on the Asian side of Istanbul and finished on the European side of the city.
The marathon hosted not only some of the world’s elite athletes but also thousands of people who wished to challenge themselves by running the 42 kilometers and 195 meters long (around 26 miles) race.
1. Elijah Chelimo (KEN) – 2:11:13
2. Evans Kiplagat (KEN) – 2:12:47
3. Silah Limo (KEN) – 2:13:57
1. Amane Gobena (ETH) – 2:31:54
2. Zerfie Limeneh (ETH) – 2:40:50
3. Meryam Erdogan (TUR) – 2:46:38
Source: Anadolu Agency
- Ethiopian Runners from NYC Win 57th Atlantic City Marathon
- Kenyan Athletes Stanley Biwott, Mary Keitany Win NYC Marathon
- Ethiopian Runner Sintayehu Legese Yinesu Defends Soweto Marathon Title
- Eliud Kipchoge (KEN), Mare Dibaba (ETH) Named AIMS Best Marathon Runners of 2015
- Shure Demise (Ethiopia) and Ishimael Chemtan (Kenya) Win the Toronto Waterfront Marathon
- Julius Chepkwony (Kenya) and Ehite Bizuayehu (Ethiopia) Win 30th Edition of the Venice Marathon