The 10th Ethiopian International Film Festival (ETHIOIFF), colorfully kicked off last Monday at Oromo Cultural Center in the presence of Ambassadors, distinguish guests, film makers, personalities and invited guests.
From the gate open time on expected celebrities walked on the carpet, had pictures, and autographs with fans and admirers.
The 10th ETHIOIFF opened by the speech of festival Director Yirgashewa Teshome. He addressed the attendees and public that he is proud to announce the 10th year anniversary of Ethiopian International Film Festival kick off that goes throughout the week at all venues across Addis Ababa. He also stated that this year the festival would be celebrated under the theme “the promising of creative economy” designed to put the subject matter on the discussion table and call for the attention of concerned bodies in the field.
The opening ceremony premiered the Oscar nominee film entitled LAMB directed by Yared Zeleke. The 10th ETHIOIFF takes place throughout Addis Ababa at Oromo Cultural Center, Vne Cinema, Russian Culture Institute and Alliance Ethio-Française all the week from 9 to 16 November 2015. The festival will end up with the Award ceremony that will be held Oromo Cultural Center 16th of November 2015.
- FESPACO 2015 – Hermon Hailay: “Price of Love” from Ethiopia
- Plimoth Cinema: ‘Zemene’ a Documentary of Hope and Love in Ethiopia
- October Release Date Set for Sundance-Winning Ethiopian Drama, ‘Difret’
- Be Captivated by the First Trailer for ‘Lamb’ – Ethiopia’s First-Ever Cannes “Official Selection”
- New Animated Feature ‘Bilal’ Inspired by the Story of Ethiopian Slave Who Became ‘Voice of Islam’