Italian Vice Minister for Economic Development Carlo Calenda accompanied by under secretary Foreign Affairs and President of ICE, the Italian Trade Agency and higher official are on their official visit to Ethiopia endeavoring at boosting trade links between the two countries on December 10, 2015.
Italy’s Trade Agency in Addis Ababa said that visit would also identify new possible areas for collaboration from which mutual gain will be obtained for the two nations.
The Agency specifically wants to bring Italy’s experience in mechanical engineering related to sectors like textiles and clothing, leather and tannery, chemical and pharmaceutical products, to Ethiopia.
The mission also plans to officially open Italian Trade Agency’s Addis Ababa office, which will be in charge for facilitating the bilateral trade between the two nations, as well as Italy and other nine African countries.
It is also looking ahead to sign a MoU agreement between Ethiopian Textile Industry Development Institute and Association of Italian Textile Machinery Manufacturers to set up Technological Center in Addis Ababa.
- Japan to Establish Industrial Park in Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Business Conference in Warsaw, Poland
- Switzerland: Aid to Ethiopia to Be Increased to 10m Swiss Franc
- Princess Mary of Denmark Makes Humanitarian Visit to Ethiopia
- Polish Tractor Maker Ursus Signs Contract with Ethiopian Sugar Corporation
- Carlo Calenda: Italy Sees Ghana, Ethiopia Priority in Its Africa Trade Partnership Plan