Aveva Dese delivers a moving performance in Tel Aviv for the Ethiopian Jewish holiday of Sigd
TEL AVIV, Israel―Sigd is a Jewish holiday unique to the Jews of Ethiopia, most of whom have moved to Israel. The main celebration is in Jerusalem, overlooking the Temple Mount. Later in the day there are events and celebrations throughout the country.
Aveva Dese sent us this incredible video of her performing for Sigd in Tel Aviv. She wonderfully played the very popular Ethiopian New Year song “Abebayehosh,” originally played by the highly acclaimed Ethiopian singer Tewodros Kassahun, aka “Teddy Afro.”
Aveva has got an incredible voice and energy and we’re sure she’ll go far. Watch the video and let us know what you think.
- An Ethiopian Holiday, Sigd, Celebrated in Israel
- Emergency Knesset Meeting Held to Address Ethiopian-Israeli Community Needs
- Ethiopians Protest Racist Attack, Clash with Police: ‘Israel Will Be Like Baltimore’
- Ethiopian-Israeli Activists Vow to Continue Anti-racism Protests If Demands Not Met
- Ethiopian Jews Currently Fighting Institutionalized Racism in Israel while Film about 1981 Rescue Mission in Development
- Ethiopian-Israeli Subdues Palestinian Terrorist in Petah Tikva, Says: ‘This Is My Country; I Have Nowhere Else to Run’ (VIDEO)