By Andrew Ramonas |
The rumors are true: A new Ethiopian restaurant is coming to Columbia Heights.
Letena is slated to open early this spring in the former Señor Chicken space on Park Road NW near 14th Street NW, Bona Tilahun, a representative of the eatery, told Borderstan yesterday. He is helping his wife, Yamrot Ezineh, set up the restaurant in the DC USA retail development.
Roughly meaning “for our health” in Amharic, Ethiopia’s primary language, the fast-casual eatery will include Ezineh’s takes on her family’s recipes, Tilahun said.
“It’s going to focus on healthy and nutritious ingredients,” he said.
Further information on the menu wasn’t immediately available.
- Kitfo Makes Tasty Buffalo-Ethiopian Hybrid Sandwich (“Kitfo Sandwich”)
- Dining Review: Blue Nile (in Memphis, TN) Offers Taste of Ethiopia on Madison Ave.
- The Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony—an Ancient Practice Alive at Kezira Café of Columbia City
- Guide to 7 Favorite Ethiopian/Eritrean Restaurants in Berkeley and Oakland: Bay Area Bites
- How a “Mad” Scottish Woman Launched a Top Restaurant, and Social Enterprise, in Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Restaurant Abyssinian Kitchen Opening in Former Sok Sab Bai Space in Southeast Portland
- Brew with Heart: Windows to the World Expo Shares Ethiopian Coffee, Snacks and Culture in Canberra