President Abdel Fattah El Sisi on Saturday 30/1/2016 met with Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn on the fringe of the 26th African Summit, currently in session in the Ethiopian capital.
Presidential Spokesman Alaa Youssef said, Abdel Fattah El Sisi asserted Egypt’s keenness to foster relations with Ethiopia, which are based on mutual respect. During the meeting, Abdel Fattah El Sisi asserted the importance of continuing the implementation of the Khartoum declaration and finalizing various technical phases concerning the Ethiopian renaissance dam so as to ensure Egypt’s water interests and Ethiopia’s development goals.
Hailemariam Desalegn hailed relations between the two African countries, underlining his country’s keenness on Egypt’s water interests and commitment to Khartoum declaration.
Hailemariam Desalegn also stressed his country’s commitment to foster relations with Egypt in all fields, including combating terrorism and extremism.
He also hoped that Egypt will increase investments in Ethiopia, praising the Egyptian companies working in Ethiopia.
Source: Egypt’s State Information Service
- Sharing the Nile
- Egypt’s Sisi Cuts Short Ethiopia Visit after 32 Killed in Sinai
- Egypt’s President to Meet UN’s Secretary, Ethiopia’s Premier
- After Decades of Ignoring Africa, Egypt Is Re-engaging with the Continent
- Sudan Affirms Ethiopia’s Right to Use Nile Waters Without Harming Other Nations
- Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan Set to Reconvene over Controversial Renaissance Dam Project