Oklahoma State University (OSU) Vice President for agricultural programs, Dean and Director College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources Professor, Thomas G. Coon and Mike A. Schnelle, Professor and extension specialist at Oklahoma State University visited and shared experiences on January 29/2016 at Hawassa University (HwU) College of Agriculture and Wondo Genet College of Forestry and Natural Resources.
The visit was meant for exploring potential areas of collaboration and partnership in the two institutions for mutual benefit. Professor Thomas G. Coon noted, “We have been working together and this is yet another effort where we are really stepping the collaboration in Agriculture and Horticulture forward.”
On the morning presentation at College of Agriculture, HwU, the College Dean Dr. Tarekegn Yosef gave welcoming remark and heads of the four Schools of the College presented briefly their respective School profiles and this created huge interest on the part of the OSU team and hot discussion followed.
On the afternoon session at Wondo Genet College of Forestry and Natural Resources, the dean Dr. Girma Mengesha, gave brief presentation of the College and the huge capacity they have on this international collaborative works.
The OSU team which consists of Rebekah Kidanemariam of OSU International Affairs Office, and the two Professors visits Mekelle and Haromaya Universites in its current working visit.
Lectures, department heads and the wider university community participated on the presentations and stronger collaborations in research, staff and student exchange as well as others are expected to follow this visit.
Source: Hawassa University
- University of Florida Students Prepare for Ethiopia Trip
- Bilateral Agreement between Hawassa U. and ISS, The Hague, Netherlands
- MU President Dr. Kindeya Gebrehiwot Won 2015 Africa Education Leadership Award
- MOU Signed between Bahir Dar University and Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Partnership between University of Southern California and Addis Ababa University for Air Pollution and Health Study in Eastern Africa