A delegation from Colorado State University of the United States visited Addis Ababa University (AAU) and held discussion with University officials at the Senate Hall of the Main Campus on February 5, 2016.
Led by Lou Swanson (PhD), Vice President for Engagement at the Colorado State University, the delegation deliberated on ways of enhancing cooperation with the AAU on research and community service.
Speaking on the occasion, Admasu Tsegaye (PhD), President of the AAU stated that Colorado State University has tremendous experience and best practices on engagement that the AAU needs to adapt to its own scenario.
In his presentation, Lou Swanson,PhD explained what the University has been doing so far in outreach and community engagement programs pertaining to agriculture, public health, natural resource and climate change.
Colorado State University is closely working with Hawassa University of Ethiopia to enhance community service and is also expected to sign a memorandum of understanding with the AAU on areas of mutual interest in the near future.
Source: Addis Ababa University
- Oklahoma State University Guests Visit Hawassa University
- Dire Dawa University Strengthens Ties with University of Cincinnati
- AAU of Ethiopia Delegation Visits the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
- MOU Signed between Bahir Dar University and Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Haramaya University Donates $50,000 Medical Equipment for Local Hospitals, Receives $50,000 Medical Equipment Aid