It is recognized that Dire Dawa University has signed a memorandum of understanding with Pavia University ( Pavia, Lombardy, Italy) on Feb 6, 2014 for undertaking collaborative works which are stated on the signed document. Since the agreement signed, the framework has created a practical opportunity for joint research project on competitive basis. For instance, Mr. Yonas Abera, from economics department, has been granted CICOPS scholarship on competitive basis to undertake a joint research at Pavia University with Prof. Maria Sassi of Pavia University. It should be noted that Prof. Maria is also PhD research supervisor of Mr. Yonas Abera.
Currently, the two universities are about to begin further collaborations on different activities. To this end, Prof. Maria Sassi of Pavia University with her associate Stefania Ferarriare going to visit Dire Dawa University on Feb 24 and 25, 2016.
During the visit, Prof. Maria will provide a university wide public lecture to DDU community entitled “Food Security and Sustainable Development Goal of Developing Countries”. Hereby, all academic staffs of DDU are invited to attend the public lecture.
Along with the delivery of the public lecture, the two universities are expected to discuss on various collaborative works. Besides, the university officials will sign Erasmus + letter of agreement for joint project.
- AAU of Ethiopia Delegation Visits the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)
- University Partners with Ethiopian Doctors to Teach Transplants
- University of Michigan Team Helps Perform First Kidney Transplants in Ethiopia
- James McCann, of Boston University, Speaks on Historical Ecology of Malaria in Ethiopia
- University of West Bohemia Faculty of Arts Stages Exhibition on Czech-Ethiopia Relations
- Haramaya University Donates $50,000 Medical Equipment for Local Hospitals, Receives $50,000 Medical Equipment Aid
- U.S. Government Inaugurates New Outpatient Department and Delivery Facility at Hiwot Fana Specialized University Hospital
- Partnership between University of Southern California and Addis Ababa University for Air Pollution and Health Study in Eastern Africa