African debutants Misr El-Makasa SC of Egypt made it to the CAF Confederation Cup round of 32 after defeating Ethiopia’s Defense Force FC 3-0 in the preliminary round return-leg at Fayoum Stadium on Saturday.
Following a 3-1 first-leg away win a fortnight ago, Misr El-Makasa managed to make it a 6-1 aggregate victory, thanks to second-half goals from Amr Barakat, El-Sayed Hamdi and Omar Najdi.
Amr Barakat opened the scoring on the hour mark, before former Egypt striker El-Sayed Hamdi doubled Makasa’s lead two minutes from time – as the Moroccan Omar Najdi scored a stoppage-time goal from the spot.
Misr El-Makasa SC, who finished fourth of the Egyptian league standings last season, meet Democratic Republic Congo’s CS Don Bosco in the first round of the CAF Confederation Cup, where the first leg takes place in Cairo, Egypt on March 11/12/13.
Source: Ahram Online
- After Years of Inactivity, Breweries Are Driving Football Development in Ethiopia
- Football Helps Skyview’s Davis Assimilate after Leaving Ethiopian Orphanage
- Arsenal FC Legend Ray Parlour to Visit Ethiopia to Encourage Grassroots Football
- Coca-Cola, Ethiopian Football Federation Partner in Youth Football Development
- Emotional Reunion of UK Football Player Landon Foster and His Ethiopian Friend
- The Ethiopian Women’s National Football Team (Lucy) and the Seattle Reign to Forge Partnership