The name of the restaurant at 3111 Columbia Pike, Arlington, Virginia will be changing once again.
“Purple Ethiopian Restaurant & Lounge” will be opening at the location, according to a recent ABC license application. It’s the latest in a procession of eateries that double as nightlife spots to occupy the two-level restaurant space at 3111 Columbia Pike.
In the past, neighbors have been critical of excessive noise and crime at the location, which has at times hosted nighttime events. It didn’t help that a manager of Pines of Italy, one of the former establishments, apparently called Arlington County Board members “c-cksuckers” after a vote to revoke the restaurant’s live entertainment permit in 2014.
No word yet on when Purple Ethiopian Restaurant & Lounge might be opening.
- Saba’s Ethiopian Restaurant in Fitzroy Rewards Diners with Sense of Adventure
- The Unexpected Joys of Ethiopian Food in Monrovia: Bishoftu Ethiopian Restaurant
- Guide to 7 Favorite Ethiopian/Eritrean Restaurants in Berkeley and Oakland: Bay Area Bites
- Kelen Firdawoke Demeke of Gojo Ethiopian Restaurant on Family, Culture, and Ethiopian Cooking
- How a “Mad” Scottish Woman Launched a Top Restaurant, and Social Enterprise, in Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Restaurant Abyssinian Kitchen Opening in Former Sok Sab Bai Space in Southeast Portland