By William Mwangi |
(The Star, Kenya)―The construction of the 121km road from Merille to Marsabit and the 122km stretch from Turbi to Moyale will be completed in 6 months.
The road connects Mombasa Port of Kenya to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Transport Principal Secretary John Mosonik said this while inspecting Merille River to Marsabit road which is 77 per cent complete.
John Mosonik also inspected the last inspection of the road from Turbi to Moyale; only 15km of the 122km road is yet to be tarmacked.
He was accompanied by Kenya National Highways Authority director general Peter Mundinia.
The larger 498km road project from Isiolo to Moyale was funded by the government, Africa Development Bank and the European Union.
It is key to the Lamu Port-South Sudan-Ethiopia-Transport (Lapsset) Corridor.
Source: The Star, Kenya
- Kenya and Ethiopia Set to Launch Border Peace Program
- Maersk Oil Buys into Kenya, Ethiopia Offshore Discoveries
- Margaret G. Kenyatta in Addis for African First Ladies Meeting
- The Kenya-Ethiopia Defence Pact: Has Somalia Become a Pawn?
- Ethiopia and Kenya Vow to Turn Conflict-ridden Border into Trade Hub
- Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) Gets Approval in Ethiopia to Open Representative Office
- Hungarian-Designed Tram Built in Ethiopia Attracts Attention from Neighboring Kenya