Algeria defeated visiting Ethiopia by a massive margin of 7-1 to maintain the top spot in Group J of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying tournament.
Valencia ace Sofiane Feghouli opened the scoring in the 24th minute and then Sporting Lisbon striker Slimani added the second in the 32nd minute on Friday. The ‘Desert Foxes’ could have added the third before the end of the first half but Porto playmaker Yacine Brahimi hit a penalty wide, reports Xinhua.
In the second half, Algeria maintained full control of the game and added another five goals. Ethiopian striker Getaneh Kebede scored the lone goal for his team.
Algeria will play against Ethiopia on March 29 in Addis Ababa in the next round of qualifiers. Algeria are on top of Group J with nine points, followed by Ethiopia (4) in second place.
Source: Business Standard
- Ethiopia Readies for Kenya Test for CHAN Qualification
- Sao Tome Shock Ethiopia in 2018 World Cup Qualification
- Yohannes Sahle Is Appointed as the New Coach of Team Ethiopia
- The New FIFA President Gianni Infantino Visits Ethiopia and Djibouti
- Coca-Cola, Ethiopian Football Federation Partner in Youth Football Development
- Team Ethiopia Behailu Assefa Is Optimistic about Getting A Positive Result against Kenya