By Babatunde Akinsola |
The Ethiopian Airlines on Monday (March 14) said travellers to Ethiopia could obtain visas easily through the help of registered tour operators in Nigeria.
This is contained in a statement by the Airline’s Communication Manager, Mr Ikechi Uko, in Abuja.
The statement said that Ethiopia was joining the move by African Union (AU) to simplify travel within Africa by Africans, adding that travellers no longer had to visit Abuja to procure visas.
It explained that the new arrangement would see selected tour operators and travel agents assist passengers in approaching the embassy for visas.
“This new arrangement will take away one of the obstacles for travellers to Ethiopia; Ethiopia the land of Queen of Sheba is home to the largest number of UNESCO heritage sites in Africa.
“Ethiopian Airlines started its flight to Kano in 2014 but has been flying to Nigeria since 1960; today it flies to Lagos, Abuja and Enugu,’’ it stated.■ (NAN)
Source: Naija 247 News
- RwandAir Selects Ethiopian Airlines as Strategic Partner
- Ethiopian Airlines Starts Cargo Operation to Bengaluru, India
- Ethiopian Airlines Group is Inaugurated Its New, Modern Aviation Academy
- John Ampomah, Janet Amponsah Win Ghana-Ethiopian Airlines Athletes of the Year
- Ethiopian Airlines Partners with Technology Provider Mozio to Deliver Efficient Ground Transportation Services to their Passengers