Press Trust of India |
African carrier Ethiopian Airlines will start an additional daily flight from the national capital, Delhi, to Addis Ababa, taking the total number of departures from the country to 28 per week.
At present, the carrier operates two daily flights from Mumbai and one from the national capital.
All the flights fly to Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia.
“We have great interest in India. We will be launching our second frequency from Delhi in the coming summer season, that is end of March.
The airline has seen over 77 per cent load factor — an indicator of seat occupancy — on its Delhi flight and also improved demand.
According to Tilahun, there are plans to also fly from South India and is looking at starting operations from Chennai or Bengaluru.
As part of celebrating 30 years since starting operations from Delhi, the carrier would also be providing discounted fares to East African countries and buy one get one offer on tickets till May 31 as well as give additional three per cent commission to travel agents.
Source: Business Standard News
- Ethiopian Airlines Profit Rises 12% in 2014-15
- Ethiopian Airlines to Fly Twice Daily to Delhi, India
- Ethiopian Airlines Starts Cargo Operation to Bengaluru, India
- Ethiopian Airlines Orders Two more Bombardier Q400 Aircrafts
- Ethiopian Airlines Recognizes Employees who Served the Airline for 25 or More Years