FIFA President Gianni Infantino arrived in Addis-Ababa on Wednesday night, where he met with a delegation of the Ethiopian FA led by President Juneidi Tilmo.
Football development was the main topic on the agenda. This morning, the FIFA President had the opportunity to visit the headquarters of the Association, a FIFA Goal project, as well as the Ethiopian Youth Sports Academy, a technical center for young female and male players. Before departing the country, he had meetings with Ethiopia’s Sports Minister Redwan Hussein and Foreign Affairs Minister Tedros Adhanom.
The FIFA delegation then went to the neighboring country of Djibouti, where the program included a meeting with Prime Minister Abdoulkader Kamil Mohamed and a visit of the Djibouti FA Headquarters – another FIFA Goal project. President Infantino then attended his second 2017 AFCON qualifiers game in as many days, with Liberia defeating hosts Djibouti 1-0.
The FIFA President will conclude his three-day trip to Africa on Friday with a visit to Gabon, hosts of the next edition of the CAF African Cup of Nations which will be played in 2017.
- Ray Parlour Visits Ethiopia
- Arsenal Football Club Breaks New Ground in Ethiopia
- Arsenal FC Legend Ray Parlour to Visit Ethiopia to Encourage Grassroots Football
- After Years of Inactivity, Breweries Are Driving Football Development in Ethiopia
- The Ethiopian Women’s National Football Team (Lucy) and the Seattle Reign to Forge Partnership