Dr. Fikreselam Gared, Bahir Dar University’s Vice President for Information and Strategic Communication and Prof. Dr. Ravik Karsidi, Rector of Sabelas Maret University have signed the agreement.
Bahir Dar University (BDU) has signed a memorandum of understanding with Sabelas Maret University, Indonesia, that made it to be the first African university to sign an agreement with Indonesian university.
Sebelas Maret University, a university with 107 full professors, is an Indonesian public university in the suburban area of Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia which was founded in 1976.
Dr. Fikreselam Gared, BDU’s Vice President for Information and Strategic Communication and Prof. Dr. Ravik Karsidi, Rector of Sabelas Maret University have signed the agreement.The two universities have agreed to cooperate in areas of Scholarship opportunities, staff exchange, student exchange and joint research.
As the same time, a group of delegates, led by Dr. Fikreselam Gared, BDU’s Vice President for Information and Strategic Communication, have visited different educational institutions in Indonesia.
Earlier the visit, the delegates have held talks with both Ethiopian Ambassador to Indonesia and Indonesian Ambassador to Ethiopia on the possibilities of BDU to collaborate with different universities and industries in Indonesia.
The delegation team has also discussed with the Ministry of Technology, Research and Higher and Education of Indonesia about the collaboration of BDU with Indonesian Universities.
The team has also visited and held talks with the management of Bogor Agriculture University which contributes 40% of Indonesian national innovation and got collaborative interest from the University.
Source: Bahir Dar University
- Addis Ababa University and Southwest Jiaotong University Discuss Cooperation Possibility
- University of Gondar (UoG) and Punjabi University (India) Signed Agreement of Collaboration
- International Association of Universities (IAU) Accepted Bahir Dar University’s Membership Application
- Rift Valley University (Ethiopia) and Washington and Lee University (USA) Discussed Potential Partnership
- Partnership between University of Southern California and Addis Ababa University for Air Pollution and Health Study in Eastern Africa