Beirut, Lebanon―An Ethiopian housemaid allegedly stabbed her employer in the southern Lebanese border area of Marjayoun (about 110km from the capital, Beirut), state media, National News Agency, reported Friday (April 29, 2016).
Desalesh Ina Yuro reportedly stabbed her 66-year-old employer Ghazaleh Mahmoud Burji in the town of Markaba, slightly wounding her, state-run National News Agency said. The maid then drank poison and passed out. She was admitted to Mais al-Jabal Public Hospital.
Source: The Daily Star
- Ethiopian Maids Jailed in Jahra Now Home: Embassy
- Saudi Arabia to Vote on Hiring of Maids from Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Maid Slices Girl’s Throat, Stabs Self in Kill Bid
- Ethiopian Man Died after Being Shot while He Was Asleep
- Ethiopian Woman in Kuwait Gets Death Penalty for a Murder Case
- Ethiopian, Indian Die of Suffocation from Burning Coal in Kuwait
- Ethiopian Woman Admits Smuggling 16 Kilos of Shisha Tobacco to Malta
- Ethiopian Maid Wanted in Girl’s Murder ‘Dies’ in Police Custody in Kuwait
- The Coffin of Ethiopian Woman, Stabbed to Death on Bus, Sent Back Home
- Ethiopian Dealers Arrested for Hiding Liquor Bottles in Graves in Saudi Arabia
- Native Ethiopian Woman Sentenced 7.2 Years in Prison for Her Husband’s Death
- Lebanese Business Offers “Special Offer” on Kenyan, Ethiopian Maids for Mother’s Day