Ethiopian athlete Suleman Abrar Shifa wins the third Scranton Half Marathon 2016 clocking 1:05:31 in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
By Scott Walsh, for Scranton Times-Tribune |
Ethiopian runner Suleman Abrar Shifa obliterated the field to win the third annual Scranton Half Marathon this morning (April 10, 2016).
Suleman Abrar Shifa broke away right from the start and was never challenged. He covered the 13.1-mile course unofficially in 1 hour, 5 minutes and 31 seconds.
Thomas Porter, of New Haven, Conn., finished second. Kevin Borrelli, of Dickson City, last year’s champion, was third. Rob Ahrens, of Clarks Summit, who won the inaugural event in 2014, placed fourth.
Source: Scranton Times-Tribune
- Ethiopia’s Abdela Godana and Woynishet Girma the Favorites for Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes
- Tsegaye Kebede (ETH) and Martin Mathathi (KEN) the Favorites for the Gifu Seiryu Half Marathon
- Julius Chepkwony (Kenya) and Ehite Bizuayehu (Ethiopia) Win 30th Edition of the Venice Marathon
- Ethiopian Runner Girma Bedada Overcame Trauma of Torture to Compete in Philadelphia Marathon
- Kenya’s Elisha Barno and Ethiopia’s Serkalem Abrha Win the 2015 Cal International Marathon Titles
- Ethiopia’s Berhane Dibaba and Yebrqual Melese Added to 2015 Chicago Marathon Women’s Race
- Scene of His Greatest Triumph: Ethiopia’s Ayele Abshero Adds to Loaded Field at Dubai Marathon
- Kenya’s Solomon Kirwa Yego, Ethiopia’s Workenesh Degefa Win Roma-Ostia Half Marathon, Men and Women Titles