A Chinese company, Top International Engineering Corporation (TIEC), will be carrying out the expansion of Tirunesh Beijing General Hospital and planned completing the construction in 1.5 years.
By Tewodros Kassa |
The cornerstone for the phase II construction of Tirunesh Beijing General Hospital was laid on April 13, 2016. The expansion is meant to provide special treatment to patients and would be undertaken on 5,750 square meter.
Health Ministry Health Infrastructure Development Director Mekonnen Engida on the occasion said that the project is intended to give specialized maternal and child medical treatment. It is also aimed at providing residential quarter to hospital staff to facilitate service delivery, he added.
Hospital phase II construction expansion project includes the construction of G+1 dormitory, equipment, kitchen, road, retaining walls and other medical auxiliary rooms.
Addis Ababa City Health Bureau Deputy Head Tadesse Atlabachew on his part said that the project is expected to boost the morale of the physicians for better performance. “The project is estimated to provide additional medical treatment infrastructure and upgrade its service. It is expected to enable 25 physicians become beneficiary from service,” he said.
The construction of Tirunesh Beijing General Hospital would be undertaken by the Chinese Top International Engineering Corporation (TIEC) at a cost of over 70 million Birr and will be finalized within one and half years.
Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- Ohio-based NGO IPRH Trains Hospital Staff in Ethiopia
- Ethiopian General Hospital Treats Thousands in Remote Region
- U.S. Funded New Outpatient Center Opens at University of Gondar Hospital
- U.S. Government Inaugurates New Outpatient Department and Delivery Facility at Hiwot Fana Specialized University Hospital
- Improving Service Delivery and Accountability through Drug and Therapeutics Committees: The Case of Bishoftu General Hospital