The Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) and Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resource (KIGAM) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to undertake cooperative programs of research and technology development in earth science.
AAiT’s Executive Director Dr. Esayas Gebreyouhannes signed the MoU. Dr. Esayas expressed the objective of the MoU is to establish a framework for and to encourage joint activities of research and development in earth science. Further, the MoU will enable a two-way flow of knowledge, information and collaboration research.
Dr. Kyu Han Kim President KIGAM in his part disclosed Ethiopia continues to be one of the fastest growing economies in Africa and even in the world. In order to complement the economic development in Ethiopia appropriate system of collecting, recycling and hygiene treatment for the municipal solid waste have to be implemented. Dr. Kyu Han Kim further indicated that the agreement is first step of successful long journey of cooperation between AAiT and KIGAM on research.
Areas of Cooperation
Precise ranges of cooperation would include municipal solid waste recycling technology, carbon resource recycling appropriate technology with “better life for girls” education. Further, geological & geo-chemical treatment for polluted treatment for polluted water resource, hydro-logical mapping & water resource management and underground storage utilization are parts of cooperation.
- Addis Ababa University Signs MoU with European Union
- Dire Dawa University Signed MOU with Pavia University (Italy)
- Bahir Dar University Signs MoU with Sabelas Maret University (Indonesia)
- MOU Signed between Bahir Dar University and Northwestern Polytechnical University
- Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) Signed MoU with Food and Beverage Industries
- UoG Confers Honorary Doctorate Degrees to Mahmoud Ahmed and Dr. Ambaye Wolde Michael