Bahir Dar University and Total Ethiopia Share Company (TESC) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).
The two institutions have entered to this agreement to identify high-profile students for the purpose of recruitment and/or internships at Total Ethiopia, to create a permanent link between themselves based on research and development activities related to fuel sector and to work on environment friendly initiatives with regard to used oil treatment and other energy related initiatives.
TESC has pledged to provide inputs in the form of lectures, to offer internship opportunities, sponsorships, work-study courses, to support new and improved design of equipment related to fuel industry and so on.
BDU has also vowed to facilitate the link between TESC and young graduates of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering fields and to work with TESC in the identification of high-profile students.
This university- industry linkage agreement is believed to benefit TESC with high-profile graduates. It will also help BDU’s students in terms of getting hands-on- experience in the energy sector.
BDU’s Vice President of Information and Strategic Communication, Dr. Fikreselam Gared and Managing Director of Total Ethiopia, Mr. Lassina Touré have signed the agreement.
Source: Bahir Dar University
- The Ethio-Czech Relation Exhibition Opened at Jimma University
- UK University Works with Ethiopia to Hold Pan African Conference
- ECA Signs Memorandum of Understanding with Hawassa University
- AUC Chairperson Paid an Official Visit to Hawassa University; “African Union Hall” Inaugurated
- Research Links between Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden) and Addis Ababa University