Kochi, India―An Ethiopian, who was booked in a Foreigners Act case, attempted to escape from a police vehicle while being taken to prison in the city of Kochi, Kerala State, south-west India.
Obie was held last week by Ernakulam central police as he had no valid documents, including passport, on him. The police had also recovered a hammer and an axe from his bag. After registering a case under provisions of Foreigners Act, he was produced before court and remanded in judicial custody.
Monday’s incident happened when he was being taken back to prison from a court were there was a hearing on his bail application, said Kadavanthra sub-inspector Ajeeb E. A fresh case was registered against Obie for the escape attempt. He was produced before court again and remanded in judicial custody.
Source: Times of India
- Tanzania Police Arrest 42 Ethiopian Illegal Immigrants
- Kenyan Police Arrested Three Ethiopian Immigrants in Mombasa
- Desperate Eritrean Child Escapees Are Committing Suicide in Ethiopia
- Task Force to Fight Anti-Ethiopian Immigrants Holds First Meeting in Israel
- Do You Remember Amy’s (Tigist) Adoption Nightmare? Now She Escaped to Ethiopia