Beirut, Lebanon (The Daily Star) ― A maid committed suicide Wednesday (June 22, 2016) by consuming a poisonous substance in the northern Lebanese district of Zgharta.
Local media reports said the domestic migrant worker, identified as G. Joudy was an Ethiopian national. She was found at the home of her employer, identified by the initials A. G. Internal Security Forces were deployed to Zgharta’s Ardeh town to open an investigation over the reasons behind her death.
In related news, it was recently reported that an Ethiopian national allegedly jumped from the balcony of her employer’s house in the northern City of Tripoli, the second largest city in Lebanon.
Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon)
- Ethiopian Women Imprisoned in Kuwait Call for Rescue
- Ethiopian, Indian Die of Suffocation from Burning Coal in Kuwait
- Ethiopian Woman Executed for Brutal Axe Murder in Saudi Arabia
- Ethiopian Maid Jumps from Fifth Floor Balcony in Tripoli City (Lebanon)
- The Coffin of Ethiopian Woman, Stabbed to Death on Bus, Sent Back Home
- Ethiopian Maid Wanted in Girl’s Murder ‘Dies’ in Police Custody in Kuwait
- Ethiopian Dealers Arrested for Hiding Liquor Bottles in Graves in Saudi Arabia
- Lebanese Business Offers “Special Offer” on Kenyan, Ethiopian Maids for Mother’s Day