TA Bank President and CEO, Admassu Yilma and Ethiopia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson, Tewolde Mulugeta signed the MoU on their own parts.
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (PTA Bank) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that would enable it to open a regional office in Addis Ababa with Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
At the event, PTA Bank President and CEO, Admassu Yilma said the agreement will help to expand its insurance, re-insurance and financial services in East Africa.
Currently, PTA Bank, African Trade Insurance Agency and COMESA Re-insurance Company are working in cooperation.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson, Tewolde Mulugeta said on his part the regional office helps to strengthen socio-economic integration.
He also remarked that the PTA Bank will expand trade and investment activities in Ethiopia by addressing equity, loan and guarantee services to private sectors as well as the horn of African countries.
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, commonly known as Preferential Trade Area Bank (PTA), is the financial arm of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established in 1985.
Source: Bulawayo24 News
- PTA Bank to Open Regional Office in Addis Ababa
- PTA Bank Extends 300m USD to Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
- Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) Registers Massive Rise in Profit
- Kenyan Banks Make Themselves Ready as Ethiopia Relaxes Its Restriction
- Development Bank of Ethiopia to Open More than 175 Branches throughout the Country