Ethiopian giants, St. George Football Club won their 28th national league title on Wednesday after beating Hawassa City Football Club, adding to the already rich and enviable trophy cabinet since inception in 1935.
Adane Girma and Ramkel Lok scored for home club in their 2-1 victory over Hawassa City FC during the last premier league match of the season at the Addis Ababa national stadium.
Mulugeta Miheret got the consolation for Hawassa City FC in a well attended match.
The historic Addis Ababa based club popularly known as ‘Kidus Giorgis’ has three Ugandans, striker Brian Umony, defender Isaac Isinde and goalkeeper Robert Odongkara who have featured prominently.
Brian Umony missed most games of the season round after sustaining a simple fracture.
Towering goalkeeper Robert Odongkara won his fifth consecutive Best Goalkeeper of the year accolade in Ethiopia since 2012.
Their Dutch born tactician Martinus Ignatius Nooij was voted Best Coach of the season.
Source: Kawowo Sports
- Ugandan Footballer Brian Umony to Join Ethiopia’s St. George F.C.
- Ethiopian Football Federation Terminated Coach Yohannes Sahle’s Contract
- Coca-Cola, Ethiopian Football Federation Partner in Youth Football Development
- After Years of Inactivity, Breweries Are Driving Football Development in Ethiopia
- The Ethiopian Women’s National Football Team (Lucy) and the Seattle Reign to Forge Partnership