Addis Ababa―Ethiopian Airlines has partnered with RAK Hospital, a UAE-based hospital, to facilitate specialized treatments and health checks for medical tourists from African countries, Gulf Cooperation Council Business News Agency.
The end-to-end package includes medical treatments, arrangement of visas, airport transfers, travel guide and sightseeing, complementary spa services at the hospital premises and hotel stay, among other services, it was indicated.
RAK Hospital has opened a support office in Addis Ababa for further coordination and will provide medical, logistical and recreational support to patients flying by Ethiopian Airlines from its major African markets.
Arabian Healthcare Group CEO and Executive Director of RAK Hospital, Raza Siddiqui hailed the hospital’s partnership with Ethiopian Airlines to give a big service for African medical tourists besides boosting UAE’s healthcare sector.
Raza stated that the partnership also facilitates conditions for medical tourists to get the necessary treatment without difficulty.
He said ”… The arrangement not only eases medical tourism between the two countries but also takes an important burden off the patient’s mind who may not want to deal with mundane travel details. Such tie-ups with airlines also ensure that the packages remain cost-effective for the patients with very little effort on their part. ”
A significant number of patients from African countries are regularly being referred to RAK Hospital for specialized treatments such as ophthalmology, pediatric care, orthopedic and laparoscopic surgeries.
Besides Ethiopia, RAK hospital has representative offices in Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Oman and Afghanistan.
The multi-specialty hospital, Ras Al-Khaimah (RAK) was established in 2007.
- Ethiopian Airlines Plans to Expand Operations in India
- Ethiopian Airlines Eyes New Routes, Including Chicago and Houston Routes
- Back to Business in Brussels: Ethiopian Airlines Relaunches Cargo Flights at Brussels Airport
- Ethiopian Airlines Signs MoU with Aerosud Group to Establish Aerospace Manufacturing Industry
- Ethiopian Airlines Partners with Technology Provider Mozio to Deliver Efficient Ground Transportation Services to their Passengers