Mr. Harjit Sajjan will hold discussions with senior host government officials, the AUC, UN representatives, as well as members of NGOs
By David Pugliese (Ottawa Citizen) |
Defense Minister Harjit Sajjan will visit the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda from August 9-16, the country’s Department of National Defense (DND) says.
Harjit Sajjan will be accompanied by Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire (ret’d) and Justice Louise Arbour. Mr. Sajjan will hold discussions with senior host government officials, the African Union Commission (AUC), United Nations (UN) representatives, as well as members of non-governmental organizations.
“This visit will help inform Canada’s re-engagement in peace operations and support its ongoing work related to Canada’s Defense Policy Review,” the DND stated. In other words, Sajjan is conducting a fact-finding mission to determine where Canadian troops can be deployed in Africa in the near future.
Source: Ottawa Citizen
- Hungary’s Foreign Minister, Investors to Visit Ethiopia
- South Korean President to Visit Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya and France
- Benjamin Netanyahu: The First Israeli Prime Minister in Decades to Visit Africa
- AUC Chairperson Paid an Official Visit to Hawassa University; “African Union Hall” Inaugurated
- Turks Abroad and Related Communities (YTB) President Visits Anadolu Agency’s Africa Office in Ethiopia