Addis Ababa (ENA)― Gambella University has announced plans to launch new fields of training at master’s and bachelor’s degree levels.
Preparatory works have been finalized to launch 10 new educational programs, raising fields of study to 28.
Nearly 1.7 billion birr worth expansion work is underway to accommodate the newly launched fields of studies and the incoming crowd of students.
Gambella University’s Administration and Development Vice President Berhanu Dejene said the massive expansion work will facilitate training and research activities carried out by the university.
Six contractors are involved in the expansion project underway in two phases, Berhanu told ENA.
The project implementation period runs until the upcoming 2009 fiscal year, with expected increase in the university’s intake capacity.
The current 1,300 student population will jump to 5,600 upon completion of the expansion project, according to the Vice President.
The project includes building of new classrooms, dormitories, offices, laboratories, libraries as well as residence for teachers and other services.
The project created nearly four thousand jobs.
- Arba Minch University Takes over South Omo Research Center (SORC)
- Hawassa Industrial Park―Hawassa University (HU) Promising Partnership
- Bahir Dar University and Total Ethiopia (TESC) Get into Cooperation Agreement
- University of Saskatchewan (Canada) Expanding Ethiopia Project to Help Farmers, Families
- Alliance for Better Health (ABH Services), Jimma University Graduate 139 Students in Addis Ababa