Former Bidvest Wits striker Getaneh Kebede has returned to Ethiopian side Dedebit FC, wher he started professional football.
Getaneh Kebede, who spent last season on loan at University of Pretoria, has ended his three-year stay in the Premier Soccer League.
The 24-year-old, who was the second-highest scorer in the African Nations Cup qualifiers with six goals for Ethiopia, joined Wits from Dedebit FC in 2013.
He had just led the Addis Ababa side to the league and cup ‘double’ that season, but they have seen their fortunes wane since.
Getaneh Kebede scored 10 goals in 15 starts for Wits in all competitions, but was used mostly off the bench. He netted a further four goals for AmaTuks last season in 12 starts.
Source: Kick Off
- Ethiopia to Host CECAFA as Rwanda Pulls Out
- St. George FC Claims 28th Ethiopian Premier League Title
- Ugandan Footballer Brian Umony to Join Ethiopia’s St. George F.C.
- Dedebit Women’s FC Crowned Ethiopian Women’s Premier League
- 2018 World Cup Qualification: Congo Upset Ethiopia in Thriller
- South Africa’s Ama Tuks FC Sign Ethiopian Striker Getaneh Kebede
- Arsenal’s Midfielder Gedion Zelalem in Talks to Join Rangers on Loan
- Team Ethiopia Keep 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Hopes Alive after Beating Team Seychelles