ADDIS ABABA (TechCabal)― Hulubet, an event management system, has emerged winner of this year’s Seedstars Addis Ababa. The event held at Iceaddis yesterday and saw 11 startups pitch in front of the panel of judges.
Hulubet is the first event aggregator in Ethiopia, and offers a marketplace for event planners (and their customers) with services like ticket selling and security on its mobile app.
Agri-tech startup, Abithrone, came in second, while book distribution platform, Addistag System came in third. The other startups that were at last night’s event include solar-based poultry incubator provider Kale General Electronics, Vitabite Nutrition a nutrition communication startup, ridesharing platform and taxi app Gursha Rides and ZayRide, mobile payments platform Simbirr, management software Yeneta, software provider MelaHub and Stavimer.
March 2017 will see Hulubet pitch at the Seedstars World Summit Switzerland for a chance to win up to $1 million in equity investments. Some of the other startupsHulubet will have to fend off include African startups like AikoCorp from Mali, ChalkBoard Education from Ghana, Kangpe from Nigeria, and Ivory Coast’s Etudesk.
- Meet Seedstars World’s 11 Top Startups of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Gaming for Good to Assist with Drought Relief
- Ethiopia Quietly Makes Strides in Robotics to Improve Lives
- AhadooTec Launches Apps, National App Store for Ethiopian Government
- Seed Transformation Program (STP) – East Africa | Stanford University (GSB)