Metu University is working closely with Wollega and Jimma universities to strengthen its postgraduate programs
By Haftu Gebrezgabiher (The Ethiopian Herald) |
The Metu University announced that it would receive students in five new undergraduate and postgraduate programs this academic year.
University Academic Affairs Vice-President Waqgari Megersa said that the newly programs include three postgraduate programs while the remaining in undergraduate program.
According to him, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration and Public Health are the post graduate whereas as Agro-business, Value Chain Management and Eco-tourism fields are undergraduate programs .
The Vice-President, Mr. Waqgari, said the University is working closely with Wollega and Jimma universities to share experience and strengthen its postgraduate programs .
He noted that the postgraduate programs will be given in extension and distance education programs while the undergraduate in regular programs .
He added that the University has equipped through laboratory and e-library for the newly opened fields to enroll 120 and 140 students in under and postgraduate programs respectively.
Currently, Metu University is training around 7,000 students in 36 undergraduate programs, according to a report filed by ENA.
Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- Hawassa Industrial Park―Hawassa University (HU) Promising Partnership
- Agronomist Hans Kandel of NDSU Extension Service: Sharing Skills with Ethiopian Farmers
- Simon Fraser University (SFU) Archaeological Research Team Give Back to Locals in Ethiopia
- Wollo University (Ministry of Education) Takes over Wollo Tertiary Care and Teaching Hospital
- Ethiopian Universities Seek Partnership with U.S. Universities to Ensure Food Security and Broader Engagement