An Edmonton family is grieving the loss of their unborn child, days before its due date, weeks after they were taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning

By Emily Mertz (Global News) |

Three weeks ago, the Turi family was rushed to hospital suffering symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. On Monday, they buried their baby who died in the womb, 15 days before its due date.

Hussein Turi said, for eight months, his wife Hugitu had a normal pregnancy.

“She was happy, she do everything, she don’t have any problems,” he said.

He says that changed on Oct. 21.

At first, the family, originally from Ethiopia, thought they ate something bad. Turi went out to buy a phone card to make long distance calls back to Africa. When he got home, his family, including his wife, were collapsing.

ALSO READ► Native Ethiopian Deaf Man Receives $250K Settlement after Being Jailed with No Access to Interpreter in Arlington

Ambulances arrived and took them to the Misericordia hospital. It was there they learned they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

“They say, ‘not food, carbon monoxide,’” Turi recalled.

Four of them, including Hugitu, had to be treated in the hospital’s hyperbaric chamber.

“They took carbon monoxide out of mother, but baby not to move inside,” Turi said.

Turi said they are still waiting on results from the hospital. Doctors have not confirmed it was the carbon monoxide that caused the stillbirth, but Turi is convinced.

“We are thinking 100 per cent for that only.”

Continue reading this story on Global News
——
See also:


Download Sodere app and watch new full movies for free  የሶደሬ አፕልኬሽንን በማውረድ አዳዲስ ፊልሞች  በነፃ  ተመልከቱ 

Choose your platform iPhone   Android   Roku   Apple TV

                  

One Response

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.