At the World Travel Market 2016 in London, the leading event for the global travel industry, euronews spoke to Solomon Tadesse, CEO at the Ethiopian Tourism Organization (ETO), about central pillars in the country’s marketing strategy when it comes to attracting travelers.
Ethiopia is a country that has a diverse interest to anyone, whether it is a tourist or a businessperson or a family trip because of its nature and now our brand is called “The Land of Origins”. What that means is besides the known fact that Lucy was found in Ethiopia, the country has given a major contribution to the world as the birthplace of coffee. And then, it is the source of the Blue Nile, which is a great contribution to civilization, past and present. So, aside from that, what makes Ethiopia very unique is the natural hospitality of the people.
- Setting Sights on MICE
- See Ethiopia’s Capital, Think Dubai
- Ethiopia: The Next Big Thing in Africa Travel
- Land of Origins: ETO Launches New National Tourism Band
- Ethiopia Wants to Be a Top 5 African Tourist Destination by 2020
- Ethiopia Aims to Grow Tourism Threefold in Five Years: Minister
- Ethiopia’s Wine-themed Tourism: One of the Five Emerging Wine Tourism Destinations